Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer will not finish spinning it starts beeping and.

Customer Question
My washer will not...

My washer will not finish spinning it starts beeping and

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Whirlpool cabrio. About 10 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It starts beeping 5d showup

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The code you see is Sd and is often caused when a piece of clothing gets over the spin tub and is stuck between the tubs. This won't allow the washer to spin properly and can even clog the pump. To check for this problem the washer top needs to be lifted, the tub ring, wash impeller and spin tub be removed. There may be a video I can link you to that will help if you want to try this. How much do you want to try yourself? Dave

Please send video,my husband is going to try to fix it. Thanks

Here is a video that show how to do a bearing replacement. Cabrio tub removal video link The first part is all you need to do to remove the tub. After you remove the tub ring look between the tubs and you may be able to fish out something between the tubs if you can see it. You will only need to use the car jack trick if the tub is stuck. There are other things that can cause the code other than something between the tubs but this will be the most common issue. Let me know how it goes. Dave

Do you have an update? Do you still need help?