Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My daughter has Model WRT1L1TZYW01 refrigerator. Freezer…

Customer Question
My daughter has Model...

My daughter has Model WRT1L1TZYW01 refrigerator. Freezer maintains 5 degrees F but fresh foods only down to 46 degrees. I removed and cleaned baffle from freezer to fresh food area with no improvement. cleaned coils. Is it the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Whirlpool Model WRT1L1TZYW01 refrigerator purchased new in 2012 from Lowes. SN: VS316666582

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is likely the thermostat, then yes as it's an easy repair.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

NO, as stated earlier, I cleaned the coils and baffle between freezer and fresh food area.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If the fan is running in the freezer then that is likely a defrost issue you need to remove the rear panel in the freezer section. If the evaporator is built up with excessive frost you need to defrost the frost build up with a hairdryer or steamer. Then you need to check the heater for continuity and the defrost thermostat for continuity as well, that is clipped to the evaporator. It has to be cold to test it and it should read continuity with an ohm meter as well when cold. If all that tests good you likely have a bad defrost control. You will have to defrost all of it as the return vents may be iced up as well.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!