Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I live in Montreal cananada.I have a Panasonic Inverter

Customer Question
Hi, my name Roger...

Hi, my name Roger, I live in Montreal cananada.I have a Panasonic Inverter (Genius Prestige) microwave which was working beautifully but now, each time I want to use it, the message K98 appears and nothing happens.

Contractor's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Panasonic Invertermi crowave oven

Contractor's Assistant: How long have you had your K98?

About three years

Contractor's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

Reheating food for up to 2 minutes and then trying to use the microwave oven to bake a potato using the sensor( option 1) . Each tiime, when I press the Go button, nothing happens and the message K98 reappears

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No , just what does the message K98 mean and what can I do to have the oven working again?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay the K97 or K98 or H98 or H97 ode is not a good code to have on your unit. This means that one of the following components has failed.

Magnetron tube

Control board

High Voltage Inverter board

All of these components are rather pricey and often you actually will need both the magnetron tube and the high voltage inverter board to fix the issue. Normally when you get that code the magnetron tube has failed and when it burns out it ruins the inverter board. The parts to fix this unit exceed the replacement value so I would honestly recommend purchasing a new one rather than fixing this one unless you absolutely have to. The unit can be fixed but that is up to you to decide how much money you want to invest in this microwave. Also this is not a typical DIY repair unless you are very handy with tools and a volt meter. If you need any other info please let me know!

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!