Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a SAMSUNG FLEX DRYER that always turns on but

Customer Question
I have a SAMSUNG...

I have a SAMSUNG FLEX DRYER that always turns on but occasionally will not start operation? Any clue as to why?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

SAMSUNG FLEX Dryer new in JUNE 2017

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes or have a tech......had horrible experience with Samsung shortly after we purchased. Washer stopped working 5 weeks after purchase called samsung (we bought 3 yr warranty on both washer and dryer) they could not find a tech in our area so said they were going to just have to refund our $$ in the refund process (6 weeks) the washer started working miraculously. The dryer also did what it's doing now turns on but wont start (works sometimes and not sometimes) Long story short samsung refunded both machines and didn't want them back. washer has been working fine and dryer does what it has since purchase turns on but does not start...

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Wanting to know if you have any idea as to why the dryer turns on but won't start

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 6 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay great then one of two things has happened. Either the belt is broken on the unit or the thermal fuse that is mounted to the blower housing is burned out. You should remove the top to find out if the belt is broken on the drum. There are a couple screws on the back edge remove them and slide the top back and straight off then you will see the drum, look in the middle of the drum for the belt it should be there and attached tight. if that is attached type then you'll have to disassemble the unit to check the blower thermal fuse out. Either way you will have to take the unit apart to either put a belt on it or check that thermal fuse out. I've included a couple links to help you out to do this repair. Also while checking belt and such check all wiring connections to the unit.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!