Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Microwave model:WMH73521cs-6 continues to say open/close…

Customer Question
Microwave model:WMH73521cs-6 continues to...

Microwave model:WMH73521cs-6 continues to say open/close door and will not allow timer to be set

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model WMH73521cs-6 is about 18 month old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It has been working with no problem. We used it to cook a frozen pie for 9 minutes then tried to use it again and it will not allow us to use it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Often the microwave problem is due to a bad door switch. There are three door switches on the interlock circuit and if any one of them goes bad the unit will not allow it to start. Most times when the switch goes bad it is typically the lower one that burns out or the upper one that burns out. When that happens the unit will not be allowed to start up and run. you would need to take that apart and check out all 3 switches on the interlock circuit. Here is a helpful video to help you do that note it is not a video for your exact unit just a reference video as to how to do the testing. If you find one of them is bad you need to order the part at the link below to replace it.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!