Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have water collecting at the bottom of the refrigerator…

Customer Question
I have water collecting...

I have water collecting at the bottom of the refrigerator section of my crosley refrigerator mod.# ct18gmxrq01. This has been a constant problem since we purchased the appliance approx. 10 years ago. the refrigerator is located in our garage which a friend says that might contribute to the problem. The friends refrigerator (brand unknown) is located in his garage and says he had to install

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Some sort of a heater in the controller to cure his water problem.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: JustAnswer, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Customer Service
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.
Appliance Technician: ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
ApplianceTech
ApplianceTech, Appliance Technician

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

The problem is one of the most common repairs I do on refrigerators. It is caused by the defrost drain getting clogged up and then freezing closed. Once it is frozen it will never drain again until it is completely cleared of ice.

The cause sometimes can be as simple as a piece of paper from a package label to mold going in the tube. The fact that you have let this go for such a long time may have caused a permanent condition of the styrofoam freezer floor may have be water logged like a sponge which will stay frozen causing the problem to recur more quickly once you clear the ice from the tube. The only way you will know is to clear it and see if the problem comes back.

Here is a video describing the problem and clearing the drain although I purchased a hand held steam cleaner that work much better.

click here for pic of steam cleaner

______________________________________________________________________

I hope you feel that I given you my best effort on helping you out today.

But if you still have questions, just ask , otherwise, may I please ask that you take the time to rate my help as positive for JA today by selecting 3-5 stars to rate my help to you before you leave today.

I thought I would add, that many people think the payment they placed is sent to me after I answer their question. But,it is held by JA until you give me a positive rating and then JA credits me for my time working with you.

Just Answers runs on the on "Honor System" for technician ratings and I depend on you for a positive rating. No Rating means I work for free .

By rating my help today, you will be "Locked In" at no additional charge, should you need to come back for any follow-up questions.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help you out.

Bonuses are always appreciated, but never required, unless you feel I have given you exceptional service.

Have a great day!

Don