Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool refrig model #MBR2258XES4. It was making…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool refrig model #MBR2258XES4. It was making loads of ice and overflowing the bin and the cubes were spilling out onto the bottom. I removed all the cubes, made sure that the swing arm was secure and now the ice maker will not drop cubes....any ideas

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

16 years.....MBR2258XES4

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is the arm up now or down?

If the arm is up locked horizontal it will not make ice. It has to be down.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

If you need more help let me know.

The arm is down and moves up and down easily

OK the motor could be burned out, 16 years is beyond the life of the icemaker. Can you pop the front cover of the icemaker off?