Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bosch diswasher just installed. there was power initially…

Customer Question
Bosch diswasher just installed...

Bosch diswasher just installed. there was power initially but we had a tap water error. we turned off the power to the dishwasher and then turned it back on to press reset. when the power was turned back on, the lights, etc. didn't come on. we can hear something in the bottom of the dishwasher. help!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new. CCY LF BI DW SS 24 5 CYC

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband is a plumber and does this a lot. Of course, ours seems to be the problem. We just took out a bosch that we loved.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He just installed it. It should work. He hooked up power, water, etc. SHXM78W55H/01

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That is a flood issue on the unit. If water gets into the flood basin down by the motor it activates the pump and nothing will work on the unit except the drain pump will run no matter what. You will need to remove the dishwasher from the cabinet to get at the left or right side to access the flood basin under the unit by the motor. See if there is water in it and you will have to suck it all out or dry it out very good. I use a shop vac. After that you will be able to run the machine, but you may want to run it out of the cabinet to source the leak as something leaked to get the water in the flood basin in the first place.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!