Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool fridge Model GZ25FSRXYY5, the freezer is…

Customer Question
I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool fridge Model GZ25FSRXYY5, the freezer is working but the the fridge. Any suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
12/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 6 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

I have tech coming tomorrow because I never heard back from you guys. If you could respond that would be great so I have something to compare it too and see if I can fix the problem myself

Sure!

1. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section?
  2. Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?
There was frost and I defrosted it and seemed
Cleaned everything underneath and behind it. The fan in the rear is working

When you defrosted it, did you remove the rear panel in the freezer or allow 24 hours with the doors open?

No

So there is still frost blocking the evaporator coil. Your refrigerator has a defrost component that has failed. It will need to be completely thawed to restore cooling then the faulty component replaced. On this model, it is typically the electronic control that fails to cause this issue, number 35 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

To have this professionally repaired, you can expect it to cost about $150 + the board, which will retail for around $325-250 from a service company. There are other parts that can cause the defrost failure but typically (80% or more) are caused by this board failing.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service USING THE STAR SCALE at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Please let me know how I may earn your 5 star rating! Thank you so much!

what board is it? Part#, name?

I sent all that above but it is below now, too.

The board is number 35 at the link below.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE