Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a G E wall oven model JTPI5SDISS, the touch panel…

Customer Question
I have a G...

I have a G E wall oven model JTPI5SDISS, the touch panel does work but we cant turn it completly off it won't shut off

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model no. JTPI5SDISS this panel has been replaced once it is a few years old, we only use this oven for the Holidays

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Can it be done without having to replace the whole unit?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I feel that since this will be a third panel G E should replace it at no cost to us, my husband can install it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/3/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Well I wish I had better news for you, but the part has been discontinued. You do need a new touchpad for it to fix this issue so your only hope is maybe someone will post one on ebay. It has been discontinued for awhile now though...part number......WB36T10464 I wish I had better news for you.

What am I being charged for this

I am just the expert, I have no idea what the site has charged you and I am only credited a small amount only if you give a good star rating on your page. So if you have any charge questions you have to ask customer service.

I do not want this service, you didn't help me at all
I no longer want this service