Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frididaire side by side I don’t know the model

Customer Question
I have a frididaire...

I have a frididaire side by side I don’t know the model number but it was purchased brand new in 2016.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

I recently moved, and when I hook up the water to the fridge in my new house. I don’t get water out of the dispenser. And no ice is being made. Please note that I had the fridge running without water hooked up for 2 months

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Purchased in October 2016

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The fridge runs almost non stop. So it seems I continuously hear it running

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
12/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician replied 4 months ago
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, I am sorry nobody has gotten back to you yet. Are you still needing help with this?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Where can i find the model

It is in the refrigerator section, high on a side wall or on the ceiling.

Thank you! Any freezing food in the refrigerator?

the freezer is doing its job except making ice and no water to the dispenser

No, I mean is the food in the fresh food side freezing instead of just being cold? Oftentimes, the filter will freeze and stop water flow.

Fridge works normal setting is 9 for the freezer and 8 for the fresh food side. Everything works except the water dispenser and the ice maker

If you are certain the filter is not frozen, the water filter head may be faulty or the water inlet valve is not working. Are you able to access the water inlet valve at the back to remove a water line to see if water is leaving the valve?

Rusty S
Rusty S
Rusty S, Home Appliance Technician