Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our ge profile bottom freezer refrigerator has not turned…

Customer Question
Our ge profile bottom...

Our ge profile bottom freezer refrigerator has not turned back on after a power outage. We have reset breakers and checked power is good to unit. Front panel, internal lighting and cooling have not turned back on.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

6 years. Model pfss5rkza

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what is needed

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Unplugged the unit for 20 minutes and plugged back in to try and reset

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately the only thing that can cut power to everything if you're sure the refrigerator is getting power from your house is the main control board mounted on the back behind your refrigerator. You'll need to pull the refrigerator out and there is an 8" x 10" sheet metal access panel on the back that you can unscrew and remove to see the control board behind it. This board is all plug and play and only takes about 15 minutes to replace it, but it'll need to be replaced to fix your issue because it was shorted out by the power outage. Below is a link to the board for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?