Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a code 33 E on my samsung refrigerator mod. #

Customer Question
I have a code...

I have a code 33 E on my samsung refrigerator mod. # RF28HDEDTSR. I was filling a glass with ice and went to change to water and error message came up. I also noticed that my lower icemaker stopped working

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

4 or 5 years model listed above

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what it is. I tried to reset it and that didn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Is there a master reset. If I leave the power off for a period of time will it reset? What does the error code mean

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

ok
no not yet. I tried to reset it by pushing the energy saver and lighting buttons for 8 sec. that did nothing. I now have a second error code of 40 e
The lower ice maker also is not working

That is a fan error for the ice maker fan in the freezer. Those errors are not going to reset with a power cycle. It will need to be repaired.

Do you have a meter to perform any electrical testing with?

No. Please tell me the refrigerator that you have the least repair problems with. This P.O.S has caused me nothing but grief

I am so with you on this. I have a very strong dislike for Samsung!

If you are looking at replacing, go with a Whirlpool or one of its other brands, like Maytag, Amana, Jenn Air.

Do you have any kind of an idea what this type of repair would cost

Typical labor will run about $150-200 if you can find someone willing to work on Samsung. That may be an issue if you don't live in a large city. Parts will probably be inexpensive, < $100.

Ok thanks, So the freezer will stop freezing now or will the P.O.S. limp along and flash until I get a new one

It should keep running with those errors but they probably won't clear. You could try a hard reset/thaw by unplugging for 24 hours with the doors open. The fan is probably just frozen up but the heater is likely open.

ok thanks. have a great day

You as well, thank you!

Would you please remember to rate at the top of the page today? Thank you so much!