Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Bravos washing machine that is top loading.

Customer Question
I have a Maytag...

I have a Maytag Bravos washing machine that is top loading. The lid lock is locked and we cannot get the wet clothes out. I have called for repair but how do I open it to get the wet clothes out?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Either W10280465B or W10280469B - S

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

SP no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to open it to get the clothes out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset? If that doesn't work are you able to put the unit on the drain spin cycle?

We unplugged for 20 minutes. We can also put on the drain spin cycle but door does not open
I cancelled this and I was charged $27 when it said it was $5 for a free trial

I am not sure of the pricing you were offered .So you said you did the drain spin cycle and let it finish but it still didn't open:? If not we are going to need to manually open this if your still interested in working with me for the price. No need to accept the phone call