Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Affinity. It will not go into the spin…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire Affinity. It will not go into the spin cycle; I have to put it on "spin only" to complete this step. The hinge door is a little wobbly; could this prevent the it from shifting into the spin?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model FAFW4011LW0 Serial 4C11403586 I think it is about six years old?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, because it is way up in a mountain cabin--costs a fortune to have a repair person come there.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Sometimes it does work correctly, but not very often.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 7 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you tried doing a hard reset by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

it has been unplugged and plugged back in since this problem started.

ok so when you start the unit does the door lock?

The light indicates it is locked.

will the door open though?

No

ok good. So I need you to kind of tug on the drum is it real lose?

no, it's firmly in there

ok ​so what is going to need to happen is we are going to need to test the drive motor. Do you have a mutlitmeter?

Travis, you have been helpful, but I don't have these tools to troubleshoot. Please ask that the fee of $31 be credited. I think I will need to get a repairman to come in. Thank you so much.

I will send this in to be cancelled.

Thank you so much, Travis.

you are most welcome.