Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our Samsung refrigerator ice,Akers has stopped working, I…

Customer Question
Our Samsung refrigerator ice,Akers...

Our Samsung refrigerator ice,Akers has stopped working, I tried to remove the ice bucket but it will not come out, I pushed the flap up on the bottom but the bucket seems to be stuck and will not come out, what do I need to do ?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model number is ***** and is about 3 years old, maybe a bit less

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, usually good at this stuff but I can’t get the bucket out

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

OK if the bucket is stuck can you grab the auger inside the bucket it and try and turn it left or right, then try to remove the bucket again. If it does not move at all close the door and activate the dispenser so the auger turns and then open the door and try to remove the bucket again. It should come out then unless it is iced in, then you would have to defrost the unit or bucket to get it out.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!