Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have purchased a Napolean gas grill. It came with a gas…

Customer Question
I have purchased a...

I have purchased a Napolean gas grill. It came with a gas supply line ending with a 3/4" male connection. I have bought a regulator and a few supply lines to finish the connection, but the sizes do not fit. I used a few fittings to jury rig a connection without a regulator but the grill would not light and I did not smell gas. HELP!

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

A few weeks. The manufacturer refused tohelp me and the dealer says he cannot have anything to do with the gas connection.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can. If it is too technical I will hire someone but I don't know where to find an expert on this.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am pretty much a mechanical dufus. Otherwise, I think that's all.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

PLease upload a pic of your connection so I can see it, I should be able to quickly tell you what went wrong by seeing it.