Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have ans Asko D3250 that shows" too much water" error.

Customer Question
I have ans Asko...

I have ans Asko D3250 that shows " too much water " error.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

Dishwasher wont start. Pump runs with door open. I discovered water in bottom of dishwasher when Iopened the rear. Discovered no leaks and float switch seems ok.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Float switch engages pump when I push styrofoam float up. Pump takes out water from the bottom of the dishswaher filter/screen assembly so theres no blockage. Impellar spins freely, i gave that a few turns

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
I cannot detect any leaks. I discovered a disloged rubber washer on the small knob beside the soap dispenser compartment on the inside. Would that make water enter the bottom of the dishwasher ?
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Is there water in the flood basin?

There was. Could not see any leaks. I also totally dried out the bottom of the dishwasher and even used a hairdryer so there is no moisture left behind. I cleaned out all 3 filters and spun impellar when looking for any debris. None found inside the impellar. Pump is taking out the water inside the dishwasher

Are you able to run it with it out to watch it to see if there is a leak? You have todry it all up and get the flood float to reseat and then try it out a bit so you can monitor it for a leak that is really the only way to find one. It should start after it is all dry.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Did that and could not find any leaks. I noticed a badly seated O ring on the knob beside the soap dispenser. Would that let water into the door and run down into the flood basin ?

Yes it could easily let a bunch of water into it. That may be the issue for sure!

I ran it to look for leaks but pump runs a bit the blinking " too much water error" however I dried out the flood basin really well and the error still comes up. Is there any way to reset the error code ?

SHut the breaker off to the unit for a full minute it will clear all codes out.

the float is sitting level at bottom. Where is the breaker, in my house power panel ? I have been unplugging it for longer than a minute if thats supposed to work.

Yes unplugging the unit is the same thing if the float is down it should clear unless the pressure switch tube is plugged or the pressure switch got wet...CLICK HERE

Are you still there ?
If wet can it be dried or is the switch shot ?

Yes dry out the switch blow it all out with compressed air.

Where is the pressure switch on this model ? I dont see anything obvious
that looks like the video
Asko 3250

CLCIK HERE PART

I have to go soon I will be back in about 2 hours, please find that and dry it out.

looks bone dry from the front. None of the electronics are wet. Even the foam inside front kick plate is dry
Should I keep session open ?

Yes keep this open please.

Ok, thanks. I know it's taking a while and you have a life. i appreciate your help. Its bone dry and I located it for what its worth.
Forgot to mention, my daughter put regular dishwashing detergent in machine a few days ago, was very foamy. We removed all the suds but I dont know if affects any components. I took off the bottom spray arm and removed cap. Both holes looked clear and I even blew a little air through the holes to maybe clear it of any debris or left over soap.
Are you there ?

Yes I am here does the code come up instantly also did you find the pressure sensor?

Pressure switch and any electric components were all dry.

I woulds say the board was damaged somehow. I would first put a new pressure sensor in it as that is a lot cheaper than the board, then if it continues with the error replace the board. There really is nothing else that would casue that issue. Just make sure the float switch is actually working.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!