Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Does this dishwasher require a "vent" or other hole in the…

Customer Question
Does this dishwasher require...

Does this dishwasher require a "vent" or other hole in the counter top?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Bosch 800 Series SHPM78W55N dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Best Buy is installing

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I am putting in new quartzite counter tops and need to know if a hole needs to be drilled in the counter top for a vent. My current dishwasher has such a feature

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You do not have to I would run it right to the disposal port if possible, I never suggest using a siphon gap unless some inspector is making you do it. If not just run the drain line to the disposal port or a trap port on the drain.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!