Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

HAVE GE CONVECTION OVEN. TURN ON SET TEMP. AFTER 1 MINUTE…

Customer Question
HAVE GE CONVECTION OVEN...

HAVE GE CONVECTION OVEN. TURN ON SET TEMP. AFTER 1 MINUTE OVEN SHUTS DOWN

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

20 YEARS PLUS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

SHOULD I TRASH IT?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the oven shuts down after 1 minutes and isn't beeping at you with an error code like F3 or F4 or F1 or something like that---it means that the logic in the display control board is corrupted. Try to unplug the unit for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset. If that doesn't work, the display board would need to be replaced. Likely at 20 years old the board is no longer made, so if you did want to fix it, you'd have to remove the display board and send it to a place like Core Centric Solutions to refurbish the board which typically costs about $200 and takes about a week or so.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?