Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Oh gosh yes please. I have a whirlpool front load w10891955A…

Customer Question
Oh gosh yes please...

Oh gosh yes please. I have a whirlpool front load w10891955A and the door is locked, door lock button flashing, and the resetting the lock button doesn't help and the power button doesn't work, nothing is working. my son is getting married in 4 hours and his pants are in there and im freaking out lol

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Only bought it about 3 months ago

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'll have to, no choice

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's all I know

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 4 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If there is water in the unit the door will not unlock. You can remove the top of the unit by removing the back top add screws, then slide the top straight back and lift it off. Once that is off you can reach down to the door latch and get to the bottom of it. There is a small flat tab on the bottom of the door latch pull that straight down to open the door. Then you can check and see if they're still water in the unit and get your clothing out. If you need more help let me know.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician