Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Our dishwasher is not draining. Water is overflowing onto…

Customer Question
Our dishwasher is not...

Our dishwasher is not draining. Water is overflowing onto the floor. model

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Ddt575smf6es

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Only when running or is water continuing in the machine by itself?

IT was running

Ok is the waster sudsy?

OK that is the reason it is leaking, somehow regular soap got in the unit. You need to cancel the cycle, then get at least 2 gallons of vinegar. Start a cycle and as the unit starts to fill open the door and pour about 3/4 of a gallon in the unit, wait until it starts to wash and let it wash for maybe 30-60 secs then cancel the cycle out and let it pump out, do the same thing about 1-2 more times and you should be back in business again.

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

The water isn’t pumping out. I believe the drain is clogged
I assume you we only used a dishwasher pod
Assure

If it is really sudsy it will not drain since the pump can not pump suds, but you can check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know!

CLICK HERE

Otherwise if it is really sudsy still just let it sit for a couple hours till the suds dies down then pour some vinegar in it and see if it will pump out. Also I would only use Cascade Complete Powder.

All I ask is please select the ***5 STAR RATING*** using the link at the top of your page before leaving for my service. That will also allow you to come back to me right here anytime for as many FREE followup questions you have!

It isn’t sudsy, just the normal few tiny bubbles I always see from the pod

OK can you check the siphon gap for blockages?

We don’t have one. We have a faucet. That is the only opening

Ok look under the sink where does the corrugated drain line from the dishwasher attach to the drain at?

We cleaned the filter. Seems to be working now thank you

OK great!