Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool fridge is leaking water from the ice maker, i…

Customer Question
My whirlpool fridge is...

My whirlpool fridge is leaking water from the ice maker, i replaced the water inlet valve from the back of the fridge at the bottom just the other day, but still water is leaking out the ice maker, is there another water inlet valve.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Sure model# *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes a diagram on the break down

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

ok

There is not another water valve, but this unit is sort of known for this problem and the issue is that the icemaker will cycle twice and overfill. The front interface display board is what controls the icemaker on this model and the logic inside the board has been updated. You would need to replace the front board if it's started overfilling and double cycling the icemaker or filling too long. Below is a link to the board you'd need and it's about $200.

CLICK HERE for interface board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?