Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is something wrong with the settings. The red light is…

Customer Question
There is something wrong...

There is something wrong with the settings. The red light is staying on. It didn't feel as it was supposed to.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't think so unless it is really easy.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't know. It was fine until this started. Wait one other day the red light stayed on. Eventually I unplugged it, the light went off and I did my wash.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is whirlpool and is 7 years old. I'll go check the model.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

What is the button by the light that is staying on? If you press and hold that button, does the red light go off?