Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have ge over the range microwave # 202281343. It just

Customer Question
I have ge over...

I have ge over the range microwave ####-##-#### It just stopped working in the middle of warming Thanksgiving dinner. I'd rather attempt repair 1st before replacing. Thanks!

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I've had it for 5 yrs, purchased from Sears. Model # JVM1850SM3SS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
How long will the response take? I have to go out for errands.
How much extra is the few to talk over the phone vs texting?
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 8 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the microwave do anything is there any power to it on the display or tell me what it does or does not do.

It comes on with lights, timer & sound as if working but not heating. The turntable isn't working either. There is a flashing keypad icon on the lower side that wasn't noticed before.

Normally that issue is caused by the lower door switch on the interlock circuit. When that switch goes bad the unit will work, fan will blow, but you will not get any heat. Here is a link to a new microswitch. You would have to take the unit apart to get to the switch and change it out. There are 3 switches you want to change out the lowest one or check it and see as that would be the most likley issue if the turntable is not working and the unit is not heating.

CLICK HERE PART

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!