Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite top loader machine that is making…

Customer Question
I have a Kenmore...

I have a Kenmore Elite top loader machine that is making squeaking noises when it rotates. It almost sounds like there is something under the drum.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

3 years old. Model number is *****

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have hard water, I live in the country.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/2/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I need the complete model number you need the first 3 digits in front of the number you posted.

796
796.

Can you tip the unit up against the wall and see if the center bolt is tight? Also is the noise only during agitate not during spin?