Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I cannot get washer to go into diagnostic mode I f Have

Customer Question
I cannot get washer...

I cannot get washer to go into diagnostic mode I f Have tried several times

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag bravo mvwx600xw0 It is around 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I replaced the control board about 5 years ago

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
This machine has the digital readout if that helps
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Try this and follow these directions...You need to get the last stored error out of the machine. Rotate the dial counterclockwise a few turns stopping at 12 oclock, then go SLOWLY(1/2 sec between clicks) 3 clicks forward, 1 clicks back, 1 click forward. All lights should light up if done correctly. If they do then you want to rotate the dial forward(clockwise) until DONE only is lit. Once that is lit, press Start then rotate the dial 1 click forward and tell me what is flashing and the pattern. I need to know the exact lights that are on in order from LEFT to right.....you can post them like this......X00XXX then flashes 000XX for the pattern.

I have done that several times with no success.

OK thne you would just need to replace the control board on the unit, there is something wrong with the main board if it will not go into disganostics and it is likely the whole reason it is not working.

CLICK HERE PART

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Someone should add that the power has to be off. It will not work if the power is on.

Did you get it to work?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!