Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker on my brand new Maytag Refrigerator MF12570FEZ…

Customer Question
The ice maker on...

The ice maker on my brand new Maytag Refrigerator MF12570FEZ just quite working and it has only been installed for 2 months. The copper water line is not kinked, the doors are properly shut and the water works just fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought the refrigerator from Home Depot on 10/14/2017 and it was delivered on 10/19/2017.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

To have the ice maker quit working 1 1/2 months after purchase makes me think I should ask for a brand new refrigerator as this one may be a lemon. Do you have information on what may be wrong??

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, this is Dave and I welcome you to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

This should be a simple repair. Pull out the ice bucked and look to see that the wire arm on the right side of the icemaker with the plastic flap is hanging down on the side of the icemaker. If ice is blocking it clear it out of the way. If that is all okay put your fingers into where the ice forms and let me know if there is ice or water in there. I assume you get water at the door?