Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

MY DV40J3000EW/A2 won't run. it turns on but won't run. Um,

Customer Question
MY DV40J3000EW/A2 won't run...

MY DV40J3000EW/A2 won't run. it turns on but won't run

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Um, for about a month, god bless laundry mats. however I'm over it. dryer not that old

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

About 2 years old and its a Samsung moisture sensor He dryer model number DV40J3000EW/A2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES I AM FRAN sorry didn't mean all caps

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It won't stop blinking "check filter" done and done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Okay great then one of two things has happened. Either the belt is broken on the unit or the thermal fuse that is mounted to the blower housing is burned out. You should remove the top to find out if the belt is broken on the drum. There are a couple screws on the back edge remove them and slide the top back and straight off then you will see the drum, look in the middle of the drum for the belt it should be there and attached tight. if that is attached type then you'll have to disassemble the unit to check the blower thermal fuse out. Either way you will have to take the unit apart to either put a belt on it or check that thermal fuse out. I've included a couple links to help you out to do this repair.

CLICK HERE

CLICK HERE 2

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

my belt is very loose but still around the drum

That is the issue the belt has come off the idler puller, follow the video link to put the belt back in place and you will be all set!....All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!