Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Water won't drain from my whirlpool dishwasher model

Customer Question
Water won't drain from...

Water won't drain from my whirlpool dishwasher model wdf520padw

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

2 years, I sent the model #

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Trying to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Check the siphon gap next to your sink faucet, all dishwasher drain lines either go to a siphon gap next to the faucet or the trap/disposal port. The siphon gap is that small dome sitting next to your faucet. You need to remove the cap on it and then there will be a center piece that pops out or is round and unscrews to get in the middle of the siphon gap. Check that and see if you have a partial blockage in the siphon gap. If you do not have a siphon gap follow the drain line to where it connects to under the sink and check the end port for partial blockages both in the drain hose and at the trap or disposal port where it connects to. See link below for siphon gap checking. If you do not find anything let me know!

CLICK HERE

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I don't see a siphon gap next to my kitchen sink. Could it be in the dishwasher?

No it would be under the sink, can you see where the white corrugated line goes from the dishwasher under the sink?

Does the dishwater drain through the bottom of the dishwasher tub or higher up. I see a filter-type gizmo on the side wall of the tub. Is that where water exits?

Yes it should I would not know without seeing what you are seeing so if you want to upload some pics that may help.