Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE cooktop Model# JSP42DN3WW, The front glass panel…

Customer Question
I have a GE...

I have a GE cooktop Model# ***** The front glass panel fell but not broken. It is held on by two-sided sticky tape. Is it possible to order the tape so I can repair it myself? Ila

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I gave you the model #: JSP42DN33WW I have looked up the model on the computer. It is approx 5 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I have been told at my local Sears store that I would have to order the whole glass panel at a cost of $170. I don't understand that philosophy. All it needs is the replacement sticky tape!

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 6 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Appliance Technician: JustAnswer, Customer Service replied 6 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Customer Service
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.

Yes you can purchase double sided tape at any hardware store and they even come in different thicknesses.

you can get it on Amazon also . just look up 1/2 inch double sided tape.

I bought Gorilla double sided tape but it gave recommended temperatures as only up to 250. You must know sometimes the temp for an oven is 400 or above.

You need to realize the glass is on the outside of the oven door, not inside the oven , but yes there is also high temperature double sided tape

Here is a link to Amazon and such tape.

https://www.amazon.com/CS-Hyde-Temperature-Fiberglass-Silicone/dp/B000RELQ20/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512156787&sr=8-4&keywords=high+temperature+double+sided+tape

Do you have any more questions for me today?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?
If not I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time .

I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.