Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Have a maytag washer that the gearbox went out. sayes theres…

Customer Question
Have a maytag washer...

Have a maytag washer that the gearbox went out . sayes theres a ten year warranty on parts. how do i get that started

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Think 4-5 years. mvwc415ewo

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No i had a local tech out here to find out the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

He just said the gearbox/transmission was shot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You redeem a warranty, you must call warranty at 1.***-***-****. They will need to send a technician out to verify that the part is faulty and then they will put the part under warranty however the labor and trip you will still need to pay for. They will not just send you the part because without an authorized service putting the part in---it voids your warranty.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

how do i get maytag to send the parts

Again, they won't send them to you.

QUOTE:

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?