Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Husqvarna Viking 300 sewing machine was working just

Customer Question
My Husqvarna Viking 300...

My Husqvarna Viking 300 sewing machine was working just fine. I stopped to refill the bobbin (on the left side of machine). Snapped the bobbin/cover back in and when I depressed the foot pedal only the bobbin spool (on left side of machine) was operating. The actual needle wasn't moving at all. I suspect the spool is jammed either in or out because when I slipped the bobbin on it was tough to get it on there. How can I fix this? Seems like it should be a simple fix.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I bought it second hand from the original owner. He was very good about keeping it in good shape because his livelihood depended on it. The manual says "Husqvarna 1250". I've dusted and done everything suggested in the manual. The problem is clearly that the bobbin part of the machine is stuck in the 'on' position thus not allowing the sewing to take place.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if it's doable.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: JustAnswer, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Customer Service
Thanks for posting your question. We're matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.