Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer keeps stopping and flashing f. It is a whirlpool…

Customer Question
My washer keeps stopping...

My washer keeps stopping and flashing f

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a whirlpool cabrio platinum, and we’ve had it about 5 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If we can, I have clothes in it and a bunch more to do!!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

What is the make and model number of the washer please.

Whirlpool cabrio platinum
Wtw8600yw0
It is flashing F 51

OK if it is flashing F51 that is a rotor position sensor code. Does it come up right away when you start it or does it run for a bit then the code pops up?

It runs for a bit the stops and starts flashing

Ok you can first replace the RPS sensor on the unit, if that does not correct the issue you will need a new main motor control board. That is the main board in the console of the unit.

CLICK HERE RPS SENSOR

CLICK HERE VIDEO TO CHANGE IT

CLICK HERE MAIN CONTROL BOARD

CLICK HERE VIDEO TO CHANGE IT

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Would it be easier to just go buy a new washer or fix it?

I would fix it.

If you need anything else let me know...All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,

Hi there,

Thank you so much, we changed it and now it’s flashing F 50

You changed the sensor right and it is flashing F50? If that happened change the main board out.

Ok thanks!! We were just now able to change sensor out. So the main board, thank you so much!!

Yes just that and it will all work again

All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,

Hi there,