Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have tried most of the buttons and my GE Spacemaker XL…

Customer Question
I have tried most...

I have tried most of the buttons and my GE Spacemaker XL micro cuts out after 5-10 secs. . When it stops a little microwave icon flashes on the clock screen. Any hope for this beast?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model is JVM1640WJ 02. Label says it was made in 2006

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Its built in to my cabinet and I'm a senior gal so I guess no

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just want to know if its dead

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

I'm sorry to say you need a new control board for this issue. The problem is they do not make the board anymore so at this point you should start looking for a new one. Here are the link to the board in case you want to try to find one on eBay used but it is 11 years old so I would honestly say just get a new one. Sorry for the news!

CLICK HERE PART

All that I ask is please use the FINISH BY RATING link on your page to select a *****5 STAR rating***** before leaving.....otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. Also this does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

Hi there,