Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My water dispenser does not dispense water. I have tried…

Customer Question
My water dispenser does...

My water dispenser does not dispense water

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I have tried everything. I got a new filter. Water comes out of water line on bottom of refrigerator. It dispenses ice but not water

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a repair man here now who needs help

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is a ge profile model bscs5rgxafss

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I find nothing on the number of bscs5rgxafss

Pscs5rgxafss
Ge profile

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

calling you Now!

Never mind I see you rejected the phone call!

I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

if you call for chilled water and your not getting any water out of the dispenser on the door ,but if you have disconnected the water line at the bottom of the door that feeds water to the dispenser ,then you have a frozen water line with in the door itself.

And the only way to defrost that is to unplug the unit with the doors open and let the line defrost.

THis is normally an indication that the insulation with in the door is breaking down .

And it will probably happen again .

The only way to stop it from happening is to replace the door itself.

I can provide you with the part info if you need it .

I see that you have asked for a phone call but then requested a refund for the phone call .

Do you have any more questions for me today?