Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have older model Whirlpool gas range. The pilot light went…

Customer Question
I have older model Whirlpool...
I have older model Whirlpool gas range. The pilot light went off in the oven. I can't find the owner's manual, and have no idea how to relight the pilot. I ca't even tell where the gas line begins inside the oven. Any ideas? Thank you, Chris
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

There is no number visible, and I am not able to physically move the stove. The number I can see is W10142327A. I will look for others.

if you open the oven door the model /serial tag should be on the inner face frame of the oven cavity.

My debit card has been charged the full amount, I'm told, and I can pay more for a telephone call, or subscribe to the service. So far, that is all the information I have been given - just about money; nothing about how to relight the pilot on my whirlpool oven which I haveb paid for in full, apparently, despite the guaranteed satisfaction. What is going on?

You need to give me the model number BEFORE I can help you.

As An expert in this category I do not have or even see your billing info that is all done thru the web site that you are using NOT I !

ok. Sorry - there's nothing on the frame of the oven or broiler doors. It was a very inexpensive model, although that shouldn't matter. What I can see is that the natural gas line is feeding in on the side - the right side when facing the stove.

how old is the unit?

Does it have an electronic control for the oven functions?

I'm not sure what that is, but you have to turn to a clicking sound before the burner will come on.

do you have dials that you have to turn for the oven to operate or do you have buttons on the clock that you have to press for the oven to operate?

It's operated by dials - don't have to push any buttons.
I do have to select "bake" or "broil" by pushing on the words on the top, but no button actually moves in or out, if that makes any sense.

ok so you have an electronic control !!

And if that is the case you do NOT have a standing pilot light that you have to light.

The unit has an electronic spark ignition system.

When you select bake or Broil do you hear any clicking from inside the oven ?

I think it does click, followed by the whoosh of the flame.

ok and you have no model number on the right hand side of the oven frame once you open the oven door is that correct?

And by chance do you have the unit use and care booklet that came with it?

No - don't see a model number on either door. I will try to pull it away from the wall.

No NOT on the door on the frame of the oven after you open the oven door

Couldn't move it very far - see number W10117491A.

that is just the part number for that tag ,not a model number.

Here is a video showing you where to look for the model number.

please open the link and watch the video .

ps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjpLtMU-Zk&t=7s

ok
I promise that I looked every place suggested by the video, and some that weren';t. This stove (display model) does not have a model number that I can find.
I'm sorry to have wasted your time. I understand that without a model number you can't help me.
Thank you for trying.

Oh I know what is wrong and what you need to fix it but I need a model number to be able to give you the correct part number.

Whirl pool gas oven even have a service pointer out on the issue.

You need to replace the bake burner / igniter bracket for it to light the flame and the flame to stay burning .

ok. Maybe if someone actually could see the stove it may help. Considering the cost of service calls in addition to the part, it may be cheaper to replace the stove. Thank you for all your help.
I found it - it was under the broiler drawer. Now I have to find a way to read it.
Model - WFG114SWQ0
Serial - VE10803706

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

Not sure why we had such a delay in your reply coming back to me .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE <--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

This parts link has a video showing you how to replace the part .

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time. I do not get compensated until you rate me. I'm sure you don't work for free, so please don't expect that I should.