Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a frigiaire mounted over the stove gallerie

Customer Question
Good morning. I...

Good morning. I have a frigiaire mounted over the stove gallerie professional series microwave. Yesterday, after heating something, it began a piercing sound. I went over and pressed every button I could to make it be quiet. The message on the screen says F-3. I just walked by it this morning and it did the same thing. Help! Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Oh no. I am at work and don't have that. I just wrote down. Frigerdaire gallerie professional series. I have had it for 17 years. I am single and it does not get over use. Never had an issue with it.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well, I was going to see how serious you thought the issue was and then go find a neighbor.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What do you think the f-3 message is?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I don't know it. I am at work. Can I send to you later.

ok That will be fine.

But just so you know if the unit is 17 years old , it is very unlikely that replacement parts will even be available.

By law appliance manufactures only have to provide replacement parts for 7 years.

And From whet I`m reading I suspect the issue is the electronic control board

When I go home, I am going to look for the numbers and try to reach you again. Thanks so much.

Ok no problem then we can go from there. just reply back to me as you are now thru your E-Mail

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?