Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm having a problem with a Frigidaire refrigerator side by…

Customer Question
I'm having a problem...

I'm having a problem with a Frigidaire refrigerator side by side the coil is freezing up and the fan is speeding up and slowing down on the evaporator the model number is ***** 3 HR 5 jb3

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Best I can do is the model number that I gave you

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of at the moment

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

The first thing I would do is to check the voltage to the fan it is 120 volts A/C and when the unit is in a cooling mode the fan should be receiving constant voltage.

Then we can go from there!

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?

Nope -figured it out myself

ok great ,

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.