Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have an lg refrigerator french doors freezer on the

Customer Question
We have an lg...

We have an lg refrigerator french doors freezer on the bottom. We started to realize yesterday that water was leaking. What should we do?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model lfx28978st/01 It's about 7 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I doubt it. I thought you might be able to help us check things that might be causing the leak

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

We just changed the filter in case that was somehow to blame.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
12/1/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Where is the water leaking from?

From under the fridge
I’m ok with email

OK can you slide the unit out and take off the back panel to check the water valve and lines?

No

Ok is it a lot of water?

No. I thought this service was Sears And am concerned about the legitimacy. Your emails are not encrypted. I’ve decided to cancel free trial and contest all charges. No offense to you.

No offense taken, if it is leaking a lot you may want to get to the basement to shut the valve to the unit off, but on some you have to pull it out to get to the shutoff behind the unit. If you need anything else let me know.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!