Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

According to the technician I need a sensor for my

Customer Question
According to the technician...

According to the technician I need a sensor for my dishwasher which is 11 years old model # SHX43C05UC/21. The total with taxes labour shipping will be about 500.00. Does that sound right and is it worth repairing. This is the first repair for this dishwasher.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

I had a service guy come out and that is what I was told. Bosch and model number in previous message. The dishwasher was taking 5 hours to complete the cycle which is why I placed a call.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

First, the cost of $500 seems expensive unless you're talking about replacing the circulation pump. That is the only thing that would cost that much on this unit to repair. I'm not sure what sensor you need, but no sensor costs even remotely that much to replace. All that said, if the dishwasher is taking 5 hours to complete a cycle, that usually means that your heater relay on your control board has failed and the water isn't heating properly. That requires a new control board inside the door. The part number is ***** and it's about $155 at Searspartsdirect.com

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?