Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dishwasher model 80J3020 will not drain, will not shut…

Customer Question
My dishwasher model...

My dishwasher model 80J3020 will not drain, will not shut off w/o circuit breaker, flashes and beeps "heavy" Help!!

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?

Samsung80J3020

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

With the help of a plumber if necessary

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When the machine did work there was always water left on the bottom and the dishes came out wet-gross!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

That means a leak has been detected underneath the unit. You'll have to remove the bottom panel and Slide the unit out of the cabinet to check the flood basin. if water has leaked into the flood Basin there is a flood switch that is tripped and we'll start the heavy light flashing and the drain pump will run. If the water is not draining out of the unit there may be a blockage in the drain hose or siphon gap that caused it to leak into the flood basin. You will have to get it dried up underneath there to get that code to clear. Here's a video to help you with that code and hopefully get it working again.

CLICK HERE VIDEO

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!