Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My display isn’t working on GE electric oven. We’ve been in…

Customer Question
My display isn’t working...

My display isn’t working on GE electric oven

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

We’ve been in this apartment a little over 3 years and it was brand new

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

JB250DF1WW

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Most likely

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

You will need a new clock control board to fix that issue. You need to slide the unit out of the cabinet and then remove the back panel behind the clock control. After you remove that there are four screws that hold the clock control in place. You can just unplug the plugs off the clock control and then remove the screws to get it out. Then just put the new one in place and screw it back in and put the plug back on the clock control it is a very simple procedure. Here's a link to a new clock control that you'll need to fix this issue. If you need something else let me know.

CLICK HERE PART

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!

Ok, just to give you background. I went to change oven light, heard loud pop, and then display went out. Range works, checked elements and they seem to work although there is definitely red marks in the insulation of the upper element. Not sure if that makes any diefference.

OK you may have lost power to the unit, 1/2 of the power can you check it where the terminal block is...That is where the cord connects to the unit..see if you have 240 volts and nothing is burned out there.

Ok. Will check when I get home

Great!