Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer model # LAQE7000LWO has a msg E 64 call service.

Customer Question
My dryer model #...

My dryer model # LAQE7000LWO has a msg E 64 call service

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Frigidaire model LAQE7000LW0, machine about 5 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

May be

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 8 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

E64 just means there is a problem with the heating circuit on your dryer. You'll want to confirm that you're getting 220 volts to the dryer and not just 110 volts because the dryer will run but it won't heat with 110 volts. Other than that, you'd need to take the dryer a part and use a multimeter to test continuity through the heater as well as the thermistor and thermostats. Whatever part doesn't have continuity will need to be replaced. If they all have continuity, then the control board would need to be replaced. Below is a video on how to take the dryer apart so you can see how to replace the heating element or get down to the sensors to test them for continuity if you have a multimeter.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?