Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My front panel is blinking and the "door" the ice comes out…

Customer Question
My front panel is...

My front panel is blinking and the "door" the ice comes out is opening and closing constantly. It just started and and I can't get it to stop

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Maytag French door with freezer on bottom Serial 10661119JN

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model is

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

My name is Woody.
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?