Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Bosch Washer 300 series and the male part of the

Customer Question

Hi. We have a Bosch Washer 300 series and the male part of the door latch broke. The repair man from Home Shield America came and replaced the part but the machine does not recognize the replacement and still gives that error message.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We bought it in July 2010 and it is the 300 series
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, it is a technician from the home owners insurance he is at our home right now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to reset the computer in the washer so hat the error message goes away after the door latch has been replaced
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wfvc3300uc123
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Wfvc3300/23
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don’t want to call you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Very simple request: technician has replaced the broken door latch (the male part) but the machine is still showing the E for error. How do you reset the computer

Perfect, thank you. There is no way to reset the machine other than unplugging the unit for 5 minutes. If you still have a door latch error then you have a problem with the door latch assembly. You replaced the part on the door itself because it was broken correct? If so and the washer isn't recognizing that the door is latched properly, you need to order and replace the the latch assembly (female part). Sometimes when the washer tries to lock and the latch strike isn't present or is broken off, the latch will overextend and it will cause lots of problems with the latch itself so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for latch assembly

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We did not repair it ourselves, we have a repairman of the home owners insurance in the house who replaced the mala part.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The 5 min did not work, but thank you. He will now try to get the female part and replace that one too.

Alright sounds good, I'm very sorry about the bad news.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?