Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have an Amana dishwasher, model #ADB1300AFW1, that is

Customer Question
I have an Amana...

I have an Amana dishwasher, model #ADB1300AFW1, that is turning on and off after initially being started. I have experienced a power surge on the circuit that is power source for the dishwasher

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 08-2016, ADB1300AFW1

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Dont know

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Can you explain exactly what you mean by "turning on and off" after being started? What is the control panel doing? etc...

control panel seems normal with lights remaining lite continuously, it sounds like it is stopping and starting again, does not run for any long period of time

OK perfect. That means that either your control board is bad and cutting power to the motor when it shouldn't, or it means that your motor is overheating and needs to be replaced. You'll need to pull the dishwasher out and unplug the large circulation pump motor and put a multimeter between the 2 power lead wires going to the motor. Test power to this pump motor when the dishwasher is running. If power cuts in and out, you need to replace the main control board inside the door in the upper right hand corner. If power is constant and never cuts in and out, your circulation motor would need to be replaced. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems on such a new unit regardless of what the problem is.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

got it, do I run test while water is being supplied to washer or dry run?

You will need water to run or you'll get an error code before the pump even turns on.

got it

good luck!

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?