Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a GE washer, model GTWN4250D2WS, about 2 years old.

Customer Question
We have a GE...

We have a GE washer, model GTWN4250D2WS, about 2 years old. We washed a jacket that came apart and left a lot of fabric residue in the washer. We noticed this before the spin cycle. My wife used a water bottle to to rinse off the top of the was tub but squirted a lot of water between the rim of the tub and the under side of the top of the washer. Most of this water found its way out the bottom of the washer but I think some remains as when I shake the washer I can hear the water splashing. We did finish the spin cycle to empty the tub but I still can tell there is water inside the machine somewhere. How can I drain it? Thanks for your help.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about a year and a half old and the model number is. GTWN4250D2WS.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

When it was in its spin cycle, I opened the lid and the brake made a screech sound. It never did that before. And I would say there was about a gallon's worth of water that had leaked out on the floor

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 7 months ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Remove the front panel using a putty knife(Slide it under the two clips that are in between the top and front) Pull the front panel from the top when you are under the clips and the panel will come forward and lift off. Once it is off you can remove the hose that goes from the outer tub to the pump to drain anything and check it for blockages.

All I ask is please select the 5 STAR rating at the top of your page before leaving otherwise I receive ZERO credit for assisting you. BONUSES are always appreciated...Thanks and you can come back anytime for free followup questions & Happy Holidays!