Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The upper half of our Maytag dishwasher is nor cleaning

Customer Question
The upper half of...

The upper half of our Maytag dishwasher is nor cleaning properly. I checked all parts and everything is clear. Could parts be getting warn so there is reduced pressure? Any ideas?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

MDB4409PAWO not sure the age but older

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Only if it is simple part replacement

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was having some trouble on upper but recently has done a very poor cleaning

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Since the bottom rack still cleans, this can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE for video

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to replace the pump and motor if you wanted to do that.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?