Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a sn 1959dR1BB microwave that displays locked and is…

Customer Question
We have a sn...

We have a sn 1959dR1BB microwave that displays locked and is unuseable

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

GE Adora manufactured 2011

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I am here for my Father

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just wondering if the locked display is a child proofing thing?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/30/2017
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 7 months ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number located on a sticker just inside the door way so I can see how to remove the lock? The model will start with letters and not numbers.

Getting it DVM1950DR1BB

Perfect, thank you. One minute.

Alright. To remove the control lock on this microwave, you just press and hold the CANCEL/OFF button for 5 seconds and that should remove the lock.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Display says service may be needed keyboard shorted .. next?

Is that what it has said all along? Or why were you saying it was "locked" before?

It was saying locked before ..now it gives this new message
I shall have to try again later .. must go

OK so just unplug the unit for 60 seconds to reset the message. Plug it back in and try the unit. If it still says locked, press and hold the cancel button and try again. If it gives you the keyboard shorted error, the keyboard will need to be replaced.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?